Completing your insurance transfer
We advise you to transfer the insurance under your name within 14 days from the date of purchase to ensure that your car is protected from any mishap.
Note: In cases where the previous car insurance policy has expired, Spinny will issue a fresh insurance policy under your name. For others, please ensure insurance is transferred in your name.
Please follow the steps to complete the process:
- Contact the insurance provider of your car and share a copy of the mentioned documents*:
• Form 29
• Form 30
• Insurance Transfer Form
• Old RC of the car
• Copy of previous insurance policy
• RTO Receipt
- Schedule a physical inspection of your car by the insurance provider. Alternatively,
few insurance providers also provide the option of a digital self-inspection link.
- Transfer the payment amount (shared by insurance provider) to complete the process.
- Collect a copy of the insurance transfer receipt to track the progress of the transfer.
Once established that the car is in intact condition, the refund amount will
be transferred to your bank account within 3 business days.
Note: It usually takes 7 to 10 days to complete the process, and get the insurance transferred under your name.
*Our team will get in touch with you to share the above-mentioned list of documents required to complete the process. It usually takes us up to 10 days to share the RTO receipt, while the remaining documents are usually shared within 5 days from the date of the purchase.