Completing your insurance transfer
We advise you to transfer the car insurance under your name to ensure your car is protected against any loss or damages.
Note: In cases where the previous car insurance policy has expired, Spinny will issue a fresh insurance policy under your name. For others, please ensure insurance is transferred in your name.
Please follow the steps to complete the process:
- Contact the insurance provider of your car and share a copy of the mentioned documents*:
- Application form from respective insurance provider
- Form 29: Notice of transfer of ownership of car
- Form 30: Application for intimation and transfer of ownership of car
- No Objection Certificate form existing policyholder
- Registration Certificate of the car or RTO receipt
- Any other document as sought by respective Insurer. The insurer may seek No Claim recovery as applicable or Pollution under control certificate etc.
- Few Insurers might request a physical visit at their nearest branch
- Schedule a physical inspection of your car by the insurance provider. Alternatively,
few insurance providers also provide the option of a digital self-inspection link.
- Transfer the payment amount (shared by insurance provider) to complete the process.
- Collect a copy of the insurance transfer receipt to track the progress of the transfer.
Once established that the car is in intact condition, the refund amount will
be transferred to your bank account within 3 business days.
Please Note: The exact time taken to transfer the car insurance will depend on your insurance provider.
For more information about how to initiate insurance transfer and why it is important, read our article here: How to transfer car insurance